The Black Powder of the high Andes, known as Scree offers one of the most incredible activities you can do in Bolivia! This one of a kind adventure is very similar to snowboarding but on the loose gravel of the high mountains, and because we can access the slopes with a 4×4 vehicle we can really get into it and do a lot of runs without getting too tired trying to climb up the hill! The loose gravel of scree is an amazing way to carve on the side of the Andes, getting your flow at over 5000m! For beginners or pros – get ready to rip it up on the World’s Highest Scree Slopes with us! There is nowhere else in the world where you can have an authentic adventure like this and you should really take advantage!
- After meeting up at 9am in Sol y Luna (Murillo, corner Cochabamba), we drive out of the city and up to the mountains. Passing lakes and great viewpoints, we make our way up to La Cumbre, the summit, tucked in an untouched valley near the start of an ancient Incan trail.
- Our 4×4 takes us up as far as the road can go to the top of the mountain with the amazing scree slopes below and stunning high mountain views all around.
- Up the starting point you get a view from the middle of the Andes, over all the incredible valley.
- We first try the beginners slope, where if you don’t have experience our guides will teach you, and if you do, you can hit the slope a couple of times to get a feel for the scree and how much fun it is, just don’t go too far as you could end up in the crystal clear lake!
- Our top notch guides will be able to coach you through it all, while ensuring your safety on the day.
- At the end of the slope our 4×4 is waiting to take us up to try some more challenging slopes where you can push yourself as hard as you want.
- Have a little chat with each other and some music on the way up! Refill your water or have a snacks to recover your energy for the next ride.
- We then drive up even further and can hit the bigger slope! Session the black powder to your heart’s content as our 4×4 takes you up again and again! (Depending on how the group rides and how often they want to try the slopes we can ride down around 15 times in a day)
- Midday – we take a break, have a great picnic lunch and take in the spectacular scenery while you contemplate being (quite literally) on top of the world before sessioning new lines or the favorites you’ve already found.
- You can practice as much as you want and with your guide you’ll become a better rider pretty quick!
- When the sun starts to go we pack up and head back to La Paz as the sunsets over the Altiplano before us and our cold well deserved beer tops off such an amazing day nicely!
It’s more than epic, it’s the Andes!
All the equipment you need for an amazing Andean adventure
- Snowboard (we have many different sizes!)
- Boots (Don’t forget to send us your size!)
- Helmet (Let us know if you want a GoPro mount…you’ll be wanting to show this off to friends at home!)
- Pants (you probably won’t need them but we do have snow pants)
- Goggles (you may prefer your sunglasses)
- Elbow and Knee Pads (if you’d like them)
- Awesome T Shirt!
- Pictures from the day! Your guide will take pics throughout the day and we will upload them to Dropbox for you.
- Excellent guide! Certified, skilled and patient! Our guides love this adventure and can’t wait to share it with you. They speak English and Spanish!
- Lunch – A great picnic lunch with an incredible view!
- Snacks – Keep your energy high so you can hit the slopes!
- Water – Plenty of it.
- Private 4×4 transport – Oh yeah. Lifts don’t have anything on a 4×4!
Book now to reserve your spot for this Epic adventure!